Monday, February 19, 2018

Catch the Rain

My novella that started from a phrase in a song and has a dyslexic heroine and a veterinarian for the hero is now available at all ebook vendors!

Earlier this week on a reader author group I'm in they asked the question do you find yourself or people you know written into your characters. My answer was yes, I can't help but put my observations and knowledge into the books I write.

This book is a bit of that. I have a dyslexic granddaughter. Learning her problems and how my daughter and son-in-law have worked to help her cope, and her struggles before the disorder was discovered, gave me some insight into the disorder and how it feels to have the problem. 

I also decided to have a veterinarian in the book because, 1) my granddaughter was happiest when with her animals, because she didn't have to read.  So I made my heroine work in a horse stable and have a knack at doctoring animals. My daughter is a vet tech, so she could help me with all the details to the vets job and how my heroine could help him.

Here is the blurb for Catch the Rain, a steamy contemporary western romance novella.



Running from her past, Kitty Baxter catches a glimpse of her future—if she’s brave enough to believe in herself and the kind-hearted stranger who claims she deserves love. 

Focused on setting up his new veterinarian practice, Zach MacDonald becomes sidetracked by a karaoke singing beauty with a secret. He sees what others do not and becomes determined to make Kitty see that anyone can learn to catch the rain.

This is the universal buy link that will take you to all the places you can purchase the ebook:

No comments: