Wednesday, January 03, 2018

2018 Has Arrived!

Happy New Year! Are you as excited about 2018 as I am?  I'm pushing forward with my Shandra Higheagle Mystery series, putting out more audio books in that series, and starting another mystery series. 

I've set a stringent set of goals for the year and will only be posting here once a week with updates to my writing life, conferences I'll attend and the like. To put out as many words as if set for this year, I have to put most of my writing time into the books.

Along with the mysteries, I'll have another Silver Dollar Saloon book and hopefully three more Tumbling Creek Ranch novellas.

I'm happy to start the new year with Murderous Secrets, book 4 of the Shandra Higheagle Mystery series to have released in audio.

And both the story and my narrator received high praise from an audio book reviewer, FanGirlNation.
I have enjoyed this series since the first book, Double Duplicity, came to audio. I really like the setting on the mountain with Shandra’s trying to find the missing side of her heritage. So I was happy to get to see Shandra finally meet her Native family. I see great promise for future books as Shandra goes through a further path of personal discovery. I also appreciate seeing the growing relationship between Shandra and Ryan. I like seeing them take their time to heal from past personal injuries before rushing into a serious relationship. Further, I like the way that without even knowing each other’s secret, the pair are able to help each other gain a degree of healing.
Ann M. Thompson narrates the audio edition of this book. In my review of the previous book, Deadly Aim, I indicated that I was not very impressed by the narration and its pacing, but this time I was happy with the narration. So maybe I just had a bad day in my listening to that book. The pacing seemed fine to me this time.
The mystery plots of the series continue to improve with each new entry. This mystery was very well written with plenty of intrigue and drama. I am impressed with the way this series continues to get better as it continues. I give it five stars. 

You can get this audio book at these locations or through many of the subscription ebook sites.


No comments: