Thursday, September 21, 2017

A Day in the LIfe by Paty Jager

This week the post won't be very exciting and I have only a few photos.

The day is Wednesday, yesterday.

Hubby left when it was still dark to help a friend haul hay. I secretly like these days because the only creatures to interrupt me are the dogs, wanting in and out. But Wednesday it happened to rain off and on all day and so they remained curled up in their respective beds most of the day.

 
I arose, checked my phone for messages, ate breakfast while playing Candy Crush Saga. Yes, I play that game when I don't feel like reading or I'm waiting for hubby as we run errands.

After breakfast, I started the laundry and cleaned up my sewing mess because my younger brother and his wife will spend the night here on Friday night. I had stuff all over the dining room table and the guest bed.

I glanced out the window as three large coyotes were trotting through our alfalfa field. One not very far from the house. Mikey was outside. I stepped out and called to him. He didn't come, but the two coyotes farthest away took off at a lope. The other one kept hovering closer than I liked. I haven't shot my hubby's large caliber rifle so I grabbed my twenty-two. But the darn pivot was parked in front of the house and I wasn't positive I wouldn't wiggle and put a bullet through it, so I just shot in the air twice and the nearest coyote finally loped off.

I dressed, and the dogs and I walked down to the corral and fed George and Apollo. Of course, I had to throw the tennis ball there and back for Mikey.

Mikey waiting for me to kick the ball

I also took a photo of the flowering wild flower because it has two blooms now.


Back in the house, I started up the computer and listened to 4 chapters of Murderous Secrets my narrator had uploaded for my approval. After that I caught up on the social media things I'd put off the day before while traveling to a dental appointment. All the social media, promotion, and all that fun (not!) stuff took up the morning. And I vacuumed out all the wall heaters because I now need heat. Only a week ago we were still using fans to keep cool at night to sleep.

In the afternoon, I continued writing the next mystery.

After dinner, I fed Apollo and George, told the dogs to hop in the car, and headed to town for groceries and to pick up hubby who left his pickup to be worked on.

We arrived home to catch the last half of America's Got Talent. We're you surprised with who won?

And that was a day in the life.

2 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

The coyotes are a very real danger to small dogs. Glad you used the gun to hopefully scare them off. Our neighbors were sitting on their front porch. Their small dog was in front of them. A coyote loped up, grabbed the dog and ran off with them unable to do a thing to stop it. Sometimes they can be scared off from coming too close. Hope that happens with yours as they are nothing to take for granted as you clearly know.

Paty Jager said...

Thanks for stopping in Rain! Yes, the coyotes are plentiful this fall and getting closer and closer to the house. I've been keeping a close eye on the dogs.